Day of Ride
Join us on sample date
Cycle of Support’s day of the ride will look different this year, as we adopt a virtual format to keep our riders safe during the pandemic.
In place of a physical ride on a specific day, show your support for children's mental health by riding during a two-week time frame, beginning on September 13 and ending on September 30.
You can ride during this 17-day period on your own schedule, by yourself or with others, indoors on a stationary bike/Peleton or outside on the bike of your choice! If you are a non-biker, you can join the event with a walk, run, or hike — or just simply share information about Cycle of Support on social media an help us raise funds to support children's mental health services.
If you’re riding outdoors, please maintain social distancing protocols, and wear a mask to keep everyone safe! However you choose to support children's mental health this year, we thank you on behalf of the kids who have been profoundly impacted by COVID-19.
Kickoff (Sunday, September 13): The start of our two week ride for children’s mental health.
The Ride (Sunday, September 13 – Wednesday, September 30): A calendar of events for this 17 day ride will be posted on our website and emailed to our donors and riders to follow.
Closing Celebration (Wednesday, September 30 at 7pm): Join us online as we say thank you and celebrate the top teams and individuals.
How to Ride and Fundraise
- Register to ride – it’s free. Go to our registration page or contact Hope Larson at HLarson@jbfcs.org.
- Choose a challenge! Everyone gets a chance to win some fabulous incentive gifts for raising funds, riding and posting miles, and brining in support from their friends and family.
- Fundraise. Registered riders who raise or donate a minimum of $50 will receive a 2020 Cycle of Support T-Shirt.
- Ride! Registered riders who need a rental bike can rent a bike with Unlimited Biking at their NYC locations. Riders who raise a minimum of $100 get a free rental.
Our Fundraising ChallengesHelp raise money and awareness to get kids the support they need, and have the opportunity to win some awesome prizes such as our "Back to School" and "Cyclists" gift baskets! Challenges include:
- Miles for Smiles: Log your miles in our Cycle of Support website to show that you’re willing to go the distance for children’s mental health. The rider who rides the furthest will be honored at our Closing Ceremony.
- Solo Star: This year, we’re honoring the top individual riders with a special prize. The two riders who 1) raise the most dollars and 2) have the most donors on their individual page will receive a special prize. Our rider homepage has some suggested sharing tools, but your most important asset is your supportive spirit!
- Family FUNdraiser: Do you think your team can put the FUN in fundraising? We’re giving out prizes to the two teams who 1) raise the most dollars combined and 2) have the most donors on their team page. We include a couple of tools on our rider homepage, but this is your opportunity to get creative!
- Cycle Streak: We’re giving out a prize to the rider with the longest cycling streak (eg. consecutive days of logging miles on our website). Think you have the cyclist stamina to ride all 17 days? We’re giving out a special prize to ANY cyclists who ride every day for the duration of the event.
- Photo Finish: Calling all social media mavens and family photo experts! This year, we’re holding a photo contest for the crafty creatives in the Cycle of Support family. Take a photo, write about what mental health means to you, and tag us on social using @CycleofSupport or #CycleofSupport to enter into our contest.