About the Ride
Join us on sample date
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's ride will be an online fundraiser. Learn More.
What is Cycle of Support: Ride for Children’s Mental Health?
Children’s mental health impacts all of us – every community, every school, and every family is touched by it in some way.
Kids face mental health challenges just as grownups do, be it anxiety, depression, mood disorders, autism, attention deficit disorders, and more. Youth also experience physical and sexual abuse, family violence, parental separation, emotional neglect, and substance misuse within a household. There are countless youth in need of support.
Cycle of Support is a half day charity event whose proceeds fund a broad range of mental health programs for kids in New York City and Westchester. The ride is designed for teams, families, and individuals alike to experiencea great cycling course while helping kids have healthier childhoods.
How Much Money Do I Need to Raise?
We encourage our riders raise a minimum of $500.
Where Does the Money Raised Go?
- Provide abused kids who can’t live at home, a safe and supportive residence to recover
- Protect children who have experienced domestic violence and get them on a path to recovery
- Develop stronger, healthier parent and child relationships through counseling services
- Fund services to keep children with their families that are facing challenges
- Ensure kids can go to school and focus on learning in a positive environment.
- Fund different early childhood centers from Harlem to Brownsville and Coney Island, so that parents can build strong and safe bonds with their children
- Ensure that children get the psychiatric treatment they need when they are facing serious mental illnesses
- Empower us to proactively address one of NYC’s major health challenges: access to high-quality mental health services.
When and Where is the Ride?
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's Cycle of Support will be online. Learn more.